I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Nicole at Mendez Manor!
What I know about the Liebster Award: Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
The Rules (currently):
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 (I've also read 5, so maybe average it to 8?) Haha! I think that's how the rules must end up changing!
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I went skydiving this year.
2. My husband and I will celebrate our 25th Anniversary this summer.
3. I didn't like chocolate until I was 35. Can you say Late Bloomer?
4. The first time I opened a bottle of wine to have a drink by myself I was 37. Again with the Late Bloomer thing.
5. My super power is being able to very accurately determine how long it will take me to get anywhere.
6. I'm going to work really hard on having a decent garden this year.
7. I love crafting--especially paper crafting.
8. I make excellent cootie catchers to distract busy little kids.
9. I drive a Jetta.
10. My favorite flower is the Ranunculus.
11. I have a Masters in Education, Curriculum & Instruction.
Here are my answers to Nicole's questions:
1. Where are you from? I was born in San Francisco but I have lived most of my life in Idaho.
2. How long have you been blogging? I started my blog a little over a year ago, I guess--Summer 2011 . . . but I didn't let anybody see it until July 2012 when I linked up to Debbiedoo's Newbie Party.
3. What do you like to do for fun? I like paper crafting, hiking, bike riding, visiting new places, and trying new things.
4. Do you have kids? Yes, I have the best kids ever! They're both in college.
5. Where do you like to shop for clothes? Oh, I have a tough time shopping. I'm actually trying to figure this out.
6. Where do you like to shop for home accessories? I love Pottery Barn and I'd love for my house to be just like Anthropologie. I like browsing boutiques and antique stores where I can find unique items that I can do something creative with.
7. Do you have any pets? Yes, I have the cutest ruby colored Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. His name is Scotch.
8. Do you like to cook? No, not really. My husband has always been the chef around here. I do like to bake though!
9. What is your favorite restaurant? We have a local hangout here that never disappoints. Kahootz is a tiny space where you have to wait your turn to get in unless you're early or the patio is open. The food is fresh and I will always see somebody I know.
10. Do you have a favorite cocktail. . . if so what is it? My standard is an old fashioned Cranberry Vodka, aka a Cape Cod. Jazz that up and it's the perfect Cosmo!
11. Where do you like to go on vacation? I've been to the Carribean a couple of times and fully intend to return.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What do you do for creative inspiration?
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
4. If you could travel in time, when/where would you go?
5. Do you raise a garden? I'm kind of garden-obsessed right now.
6. Do you have a day job besides blogging? If so, what is it?
7. What is one thing that is unexpected or surprising about your life right now?
8. What state do you live in?
9. Do you have a favorite cocktail? If so, what is it?
10. What is your super power?
11. What is your favorite/best blue mood buster?
And here are my nominees Yay!:
1. My Very Educated Mother - www.myveryeducatedmother.com
2. Rosemary & Thyme - www.rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com
3. HouseHoneys.com - www.househoneys.com
4. Shooglie Crafts - www.shoogliecrafts.blogspot.com
5. Giraffe Legs - www.giraffe-legs.blogspot.com
6. A Few Miner Adjustments - www.afewmineradjustments.blogspot.com
7. This Green Life - www.thisgreenlife.ca
8. Mountain Delights - www.mountaindelights.blogspot.com
9. Girl Going Country - www.girlgoingcountry.com
10. One Step Woman - www.onestepwoman.net