I am a sucker for a cupcake and a cute craft and I got a little hankering for both. I was really just experimenting and made an enormous mess but there are no pictures of that process. Sorry! I honestly wasn't thinking about it. Sometimes it's so nice to just enjoy the process for the pleasure of it. Anyway, I saw a picture of similar cupcake toppers somewhere and I hope I came close.
- I cut the heart shapes, touched the edges with a little bit of color, and coated them with Mod Podge to give them a little strength and shine.
- Two heart pieces were glued together with part of a cotton ball inside to puff them up. The glue was just a thin line around the edges, leaving a tiny hole for the candy stick.
- I strung embroidery thread across the heart and tied securing knots on the back.
- After cutting bunting flags I attached them to the embroidery floss.
- The whip stitch probably should have been a straight stitch or left off, but there it is!
- I sealed them off (and glued the bunting down) with a coat of Mod Podge.
Finally, of course, I stuck them into sweet treats. Not really--that's a lie. I actually forgot about them for a couple weeks when I cleaned up my craft space (and REORGANIZED yaaayyy) and then realized I should take a picture of them! I think these would also be cute on top of stir sticks for cocktails! Cute and yummy is always fun!